- Cut the onion and green onion into thin slices and cut the meat into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and cook the onions until softened.
- Add the meat and sugar and cook until browned.
- Add sake, mirin, and soy sauce.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
- Slowly and evenly drizzle the beaten egg over the beef. Cook covered until the egg is done. Add the green onion right before removing from the heat.
- Place teh beef and egg on top of steamed rice and pour desired amount of sauce. Top with pickled red ginger.